SAFETY AND SECURITY
Security Guidelines: We disclaim any express or implied warranties of security. We care about your safety and that of other occupants and guests. No security system is fail safe. Even the best system can’t prevent crime. Always act as if security systems don’t exist since they are subject to malfunction, tampering, and human error. The best safety measures are the ones you perform as a matter of common sense and habit, such as those listed below:
- In case of emergency, call 911. Always report emergencies to authorities first and then contact the management.
- Report any suspicious activity to the police
- Do not share the code to your apartment or gates with anyone
- Know your neighbors. Watching out for each other is one of the best defenses against crime.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and avoid areas that are not well-traveled or well-lit.
- Always keep your keys handy when walking to your car or apartment.
- Do not go inside if you find your door open. Call the police from another location and ask them to meet you before entering.
- Protect your keys. Never leave an identification tag on your key ring. If you lose a key or have concerns about key safety, we will rekey your locks at your expense, if requested
In the Apartment
- Keep the doors and windows secured.
- Use the keyless deadbolt in your unit when you are at home.
- Check the door viewer before answering the door. Anyone from Ark House will always announce themselves as “Ark House”.
- Do not leave money or other valuables lying about where strangers can see them.
- Immediately report to Ark House Resident Services any needed repairs of security devices, doors, windows, smoke alarms and other detection devices, as well as any other malfunctioning safety devices on the property, such as broken access gates, burned out exterior lights, etc.
Out and About
- Always lock your car, hide valuables, and take the keys, even for a short time.
- Lock the car doors while driving.
- Park in well-lighted areas.
Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave right away. Call 911 if necessary.
BELLMAR EAST COURTESY / SAFETY PATROL
Bellmar East has a Courtesy Patrol Company on the property to assist you after the Bellmar office is closed. They will assist with non-emergency situations that might arise such as noise complaints and loitering on the property. The phone number is posted on the Phone List.
For emergency situations call 911 first and then notify the Courtesy Patrol.
Contact the Courtesy Patrol to report suspicious activity and disturbances when the Bellmar office is closed.