Renting an Ark House Apartment
All requests for an Ark House apartment must be made through a social worker at the Dallas hospital where medical treatment is received.
Who Qualifies for Ark House?
- You need low cost, temporary housing to facilitate receiving active medical care at a Dallas area hospital for a prolonged and serious illness
- Your permanent home is a minimum of fifty miles from Dallas
- You have a referral from a social worker
- You will allow Ark House to verify your continued care in a local medical facility.
- You have funds to meet rent payments
- The cost is $140.00 per week ($20.00 per night) payable by credit or debit card.
- A $100.00 security deposit is required. The deposit will be refunded if the instructions in the “Going Home” section in the apartment notebook are followed.
- After the seven (7) days, refunds are made for any unused days (Minimum rent payment $140.00).
- Rent is paid in advance in weekly increments.
How You Will Know if An Apartment is Available for You
- The social worker will verify your need for low-cost housing and will then contact the Ark House Occupancy volunteer.
- If an apartment is available, an Ark House volunteer will contact you and provide the necessary directions and instructions.
- If an apartment is not available, you may fill out application to request placement on the waiting list. A background check is required.
Location of Ark House
- Ark House is part of an apartment complex located in North Dallas near Royal Lane and US Highway 75 (North Central Expressway).You will receive specific instructions on locating it when an apartment is available for you.
- Travel time to various hospitals depends on traffic conditions, but averages between fifteen and thirty minutes.
Phone: (972) 671-7144
P.O. Box 833656
Richardson, TX 75082-3656
Ark House is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization providing low cost housing for those undergoing long-term medical care in Dallas with no local residence.